Saturday, May 5, 2007

Homework for Monday

Hi!
Homework for Monday:

A.
Read the two texts (Creatividad, La Llave del Siglo XXI, Thirty Eight who saw murder didn't call the police) and follow the fisrt three steps in writing a summary.

1. Step One: "...accurately read the original text.", "...identify the controlling idea of each paragraph." (Summarizing a Text, 1)
2. Step two: "...analyze the rest of the information in the text, interact with the ideas." (Summarizing a Text, 2)
3. Step three: "... read through your highlighting and marginal notes and determine the controlling idea of the entire reading." (Summarizing a Text, 5)

B.
Read the handout "Summarizing a Text" and complete exercises 1-17.


If you are curious about who Marco Antonio de La Parra is, you can find information about him on this website:
http://www.scielo.cl/scielo.php?script=sci_arttext&pid=S0717-68482006000200008&lng=pt&nrm=

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello...
where are those texts?

viovio said...

They are at Picachu photocopy center.

Unknown said...

I missed a class again! I´m really really sick,so should I present the doctor´s medical leave?
My other doubt is about the weather report,when we should present it?

Thanks

Marcelo Galvez said...

i hope to get 2morrow the De la Parra´s text...and do my homeworks,that´s important!!!!

And Daniela...I hope to get better soon....I´ll send you some material in your mail later....bye!

carlamabel said...

miss..you said you'll send me the material of the "summarizing a text" to my mail..so I could do the homework, but you never did.

can you still send it to me, at least to have it cause they are to manu photocopies and i have no money.

thanks..byebye

Unknown said...

the homework...has it a calification?