You can post a comment with your answers
- What was your first impression of Nick Naylor? How did you feel after the opening scene on the talk show?
- Did this film have a “hero”? Could that be Nick? The Captain? The Senator? The reporter? In what ways did they all fall short of truly being the “good” character in this story?
- The film gives the impression that Nick’s influence on his son was not negative. Do you agree? Why or why not?
- In what ways was the Senator a hypocrite?
- Nick’s job was a lobbyist, but how would you describe what he did for a living? Was he a defender of the right to choose or a professional deceiver and liar?
- Were you surprised that Heather, the reporter, betrayed Nick?
- Nick justified what he did as a way to “pay the rent.” Did you think that was honest? What things would you do, or not do, to “pay the rent?”
- Did your feelings change towards Nick by the end of the film? Did he change?
- Were you satisfied with the ending of the film or would you have preferred a more ethically satisfying ending?